Prep time: 20 minutes Chill Time: 2 hours Cook Time: 40 Minutes Calories: ?
DISCUSSION: This fabulous pie is one of those melt in your mouth treats. Its chocolatey flavor mixed with whipped cream and cherry pie filling makes it easy and smooth. You know those desserts where you take one bite, can’t believe it’s so good and smooth, and then immediately take another bite to believe it’s goodness. This is one of those pies! Remember this one when a special holiday comes around like Valentine’s day! We did!
- 9 Inch Pie plate
- Food processor or blender
- Wire rack or equivalent
- Make sure your Ingredients are at room temperature including eggs and milk except for the cherry pie filling mix.
- 3 eggs
- 1 Cup Milk
- ½ cup baking mix
- ½ cup Karo Light or Dark Corn Syrup (preferably dark corn syrup)
- ¼ cup Margarine, softened
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 inch pie plate.
- In food processor or blender, beat eggs, milk, baking mix, corn syrup, margarine, and melted chocolate 1 minute. Pour into prepared pie plate; let stand 5 minutes.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until filling is puffed and set like cheesecake. Cool on wire rack 1 hour or more; center will fall, forming well.
- While pie bakes, mix cherry pie filling and almond extract; refrigerate.
- Fill center of cooled pie with cherry mixture. Refrigerate at least 1 hour
- Before serving, pipe or swirl whipped cream around edge. Garnish with chocolate curls
Delicimoso! An excellent pie that will show off your baking skills. Jubilee Pie is fairly easy to make and stands as a spectacular display for guests.
Making sure to prepare your ingredients prior to mixing helps enormously otherwise the chocolate with begin to set as soon as it hits cold ingredients. Room temperature ingredients ensures the chocolate is distributed throughout the pie evenly.
Need one of those 9 inch pie plates? Click on the picture.