Tart is what it is called but it’s more like a calzone. The pie crusts turn out nice and flaky and the shrimp cooks up very nicely in the cheese and veggies. Each of the ingredients turns out to be just the right amount. Serving this with glazed carrots produces a very nice lunch. We found this in the Pampered Chef’s cookbook from 1997.
Prep time: 15 minutes Bake time: 20-25 minutes Ready in: 40 Calories: 360
- 4 ounces of cooked shrimp, chopped
- ½ cup broccoli, chopped
- ¼ cup celery, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 cup (4 ounces Swiss Cheese)
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 pkg (15 ounces)refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 egg, lightly beaten (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. With a knife or food processor, chop shrimp, broccoli, celery, and onion; place in a medium sized bowl.
- Using Garlic press or kitten knife, press garlic over shrimp mixture. Add swiss cheese, mayonnaise, mustard, and pepper; mix well.
- Place 1 pie crust on 13” round baking stone or cookie sheet. Using a spatula or spoon, spread shrimp mixture over crust to within 1 inch of crust edge.
- This next step is optional. Using a pastry brush, brush edge of crust with egg. Top with remaining crust; pinch edges together to seal. Turn sealed edge up and flute. Using a knife, cut slits in the top crust.
- Brush with remaining egg (optional).
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cut into wedges, serve with pie server or spatula.
Pampered chef recipes usually turn out good and this one was no disappointment. It’s easy, tasty, and can be used at parties as an appetizer cut into 16 pieces. If you want to make this a real Pampered Chef Tart, using the Pampered Chef utensils will make it turn out just as they instructed. Instead of a knife use a V shaped cutter, instead of a cookie sheet use the 13” stone, and use a Skinny Scraper instead of a spoon or spatula. If you want to splurge on any particular item, we would suggest the 13” Round Baking stone. It provides a different cooking surface than a cookie sheet can supply. You can find the Baking stone. Just click on the picture.
Pictures from steps: