Photo Credit InstaViewpoint
We used this glaze on puff pastry Danishes. It’s not too sweet to mix with the taste of glaze on a puff pastry. Turns out perfect every time.
- ½ cup chopped strawberries
- 2 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of water and 1 teaspoon of water
- 1 teaspoon of cornstarch
- Place strawberries, sugar and 1 Tablespoon of water in a small saucepan on medium heat. Cook strawberries until soft. Mash with potato masher.
- In a small cup, mix cornstarch and 1 teaspoon of water.
- While stirring strawberries, pour cornstarch mix into saucepan with strawberries. Heat until thickened. Remove from heat. 4 Drops of red food coloring may be used if color needs to be a brighter red.
This “glaze” can be used on any pastry where you need a jam or jelly. It’s a snap to pick a half cup of strawberries out of the patch for this recipe, hull out the tops, and throw into the saucepan. A strawberry huller makes the job even quicker. Click on the picture to get one.