Prep time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 20 Minutes Ready in: 30 minutes
If your mashed potatoes are needing something special added just try this recipe. The Sharp Cheddar cheese adds a special flavor and they will be asking what you did to the potatoes.
- 6 medium sized potatoes
- ¼ cup milk
- 6 Tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (we use sharp)
- In a medium saucepan, bring to boil 6 cups of water.
- Peel and evenly chop potatoes. Boil potatoes until soft when pricked with a fork.
- Drain water from boiled-chopped potatoes and return to pan. With a potato smasher or hand mixer, mash potatoes until smooth. Add butter and cheese. Mix until butter has melted through. Add milk. Stir with spoon. A little more milk may be added if you need to stretch the potatoes for more people or you like your mashed potatoes creamy.
Creamy filling goodness with the hint of cheese. Excellent side to serve with any main entrée or can be used as a small lunch. These are quick and easy after boiling your potatoes, it only take a couple of minutes to through these together. Run a potato masher through them a few times, dump in your ingredients and you’ve got a gourmet side dish. Potato mashers are quicker to get out than a hand mixer. We keep ours in a large jar with other large utensils like spatulas and whisks. You can pick up a cheap one. Just click on the picture.