For those looking for a last minute card for your honey, try an edible one! These are simple with a few key ingredients.
- 1 Package of Puff Pastry
- 1/4 cup of milk chocolate or semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of Strawberry Jam or Strawberry glaze (follow link for glaze recipe)
- 1 egg white
- Heat oven to 400 degrees or package of puff pastry directions.
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper and coat with non-stick spray.
- Cut Puff pastry into 8 equal squares. Place 4 of the squares on the lined cookie sheet. Cut out small heart shapes in the other 4 squares.
- Make Strawberry glaze or use Strawberry Jam, spread equal amounts of filling on 4 of the squares without cutouts.
- Top each square with puff pastry square with cutout hearts. Put cutout hearts on top of the squares.
- Beat egg white in small bowl with fork.
- Brush top of pastries with egg white. Bake in 400 degree oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Melt chocolate in microwave. Pipe chocolate onto pastry with piping tool.